I don't know about you, but I've always loved soup. No matter what, there's nothing better than a soup, especially in winter, when the cold gets tiring, and the need to warm up your soul becomes as great as the need to warm up your little body. This one is one of my best friends for winter 2021: it is super high in protein and at the same time light, full of vegetables and ultra comforting.
A soup for athletes
It's just perfect straight out of the thermos while hiking! First of all, because it's full of proteins: between quinoa and egg (which can be replaced by silky tofu in vegan version), there's enough to rebuild your aching muscles. It hydrates and fills you up with fiber, thanks to the vegetables. It is perfect, this rando-recette, I'm telling you! Of course, you can also take it to the office. But since it smells like garlic, it can be a little embarrassing...
- 150 g of quinoa
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 pods garlic
- 2 large potatoes
- ½ can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 a good handful of spinach leaves
- 2 spoons olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1,5 l vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 eggs - or 150g of silken tofu
- Wash, peel and dice all vegetables.
- In a casserole dish, brown the minced onions and garlic without browning.
- Add the other vegetables and quinoa, sprinkle with cumin. Stir well and moisten with the broth.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- When the soup is cooked, break the eggs one by one and pour them into the soup, beating vigorously between each egg, so as to obtain a fluffy consistency (if not, proceed in the same way with the tofu).