As simple as rice and onions...
Does a dish have to be complicated to make us happy? In my opinion, absolutely not. Here is a dish of rice, lentils and spicy onions inspired by African recipes. It is not only good: it is also made with fair trade products. A fragrant basmati, coconut oil and pomegranate seeds: ingredients that can easily be found in supermarkets with a fair trade label. Frankly, there is enough to enjoy while contributing to a fairer world. As for the taste, it is really irresistible: the spices explode in the mouth and immediately put you in a good mood. It is also an excellent source of slow sugars thanks to the legumes. It's hard to argue with a recipe that takes only a few minutes to prepare.
- 200 g cooked basmati rice
- 200 g of cooked lentils
- 2 large onions
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ of pomegranate
- pepper and salt
- Mix the rice and lentils in a bowl.
- Fry the minced onions in hot coconut oil.
- Once they are translucent, season with all the spices and simmer on low heat for about 8 minutes.
- When the onions are ready, add them to the rice, mix and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.