Here is a recipe that can be described as "detox" or "healthy". It is also seasonal, prepared with raw and local foods, delicious and welcome in the middle of winter, when we sometimes lack ideas to prepare fresh dishes that do not turn into a massacre of the planet.
Baked root vegetables are full of flavor
How can you prepare these famous root vegetables without spending hours on them, take advantage of their goodness and make them so melting that they make even the most reluctant want them? By simply baking them in the oven with a little honey and oil. After forty minutes of well-oiled sunbathing, they come out all nice and tasty, and can be eaten without any bitter aftertaste. With a few spinach leaves and a little wheat, this is a perfect vegan dish. But nothing prevents you from adding diced goat cheese, small cold sea shrimps or bacon, for the greediest.
- 4 raw red beets
- 4 carrots - if possible in different colors
- 2 turnips or 6 Jerusalem artichokes
- 3 red onions
- 2 beetroot chioggia
- 2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 150 g of cooking wheat
- 4 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- vinaigrette - prepared to your taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°. Cut all the vegetables (except the chioggia beets) in not too fine pieces. Place them in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with oil and honey. Season with pepper and salt.
- Bake for 40 minutes, basting with the juice from time to time. When tender, take them out and let them cool down a bit.
- Meanwhile, wash the spinach, peel the chioggia beets and cut them into thin slices.
- Cook wheat in salted water until tender. Once cooked, combine wheat, vegetables, spinach and chioggia. Drizzle with vinaigrette. And that's it!