This little stew doesn't look like much at first glance. We tasted it during our last cooking experience, and the dish was even described as "ugly". But at the same time, "delicious". I'll use the latter word to describe it. It is really very good. It is also very practical: if you add eggs, it will be a complete dish, to be served at dinner. If you prepare it without eggs, it will be a perfect side dish for a meat, and will reheat perfectly. For vegans, just eat it as is. Who would say no to a quick and healthy dish, full of flavor, to be enjoyed inside and out? No one, I'm sure!
The secret is in the herbs
This dish could be bland, if it were not helped by the spices and aromatic herbs. They are what give it its incredible taste. So if you want, don't hesitate to add a little more, to give this stew all its character. If you don't like the spiciness of chili, you can opt for mild chili, which will bring just as much flavor, and add a little smoked paprika. It also goes without saying that this dish, if prepared over a wood fire, will adapt perfectly to a classic cooking in your kitchen.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion - large
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 rosemary branches
- 1 l broth
- 1 kale - small
- 4 eggs - optional
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Heat a wide, low pan on the stove.
- Pour in the olive oil, add the chopped garlic and onion and the chili flakes. Add salt and pepper and fry for a few minutes to bring out the aromas.
- Add the lentils and rosemary, as well as the cabbage cut into strips. Sauté and mix all ingredients well. Add the broth.
- Cook on the stove for about 20 minutes, until the lentils are well cooked and the cabbage is tender. Taste and adjust the seasoning: it will certainly be necessary to add salt and pepper.
- If you wish, once the lentils are well cooked and have absorbed all the broth, you can make holes and pour an egg in them. In this case, it will be necessary to cook the dish for another 7 or 8 minutes, until the eggs have set.
- Once the dish is finished, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.