Here is a recipe that I love, because it allows you to eat leeks in a different way. It is rare to eat it raw in our country, and yet it is fresh, crunchy and delicious. With a little creamy sauce, it's a delicate treat.
A classic accompaniment to fish
This is how it is traditionally served in Poland. And it is true that it is an excellent accompaniment. Personally, I find it perfect with a raw salmon tartar with a little bit of water. a little pomegranate molasses dressing, which balances perfectly with the salad dressing. In short, a pure delight to try!
The leek, a friend who wants to do you good
Leek is an incredible mine of benefits: not only is it rich in fiber, and will therefore stimulate your transit, but also in vitamin C and B9, particularly interesting for pregnant women, since it protects the unborn baby. And it is an excellent anti-fatigue, thanks to the vitamin B6. Eaten raw in a salad, it multiplies its effects, since cooking will not damage its vitamins. And even if there is a spoonful of mayo in the sauce, it's a good thing! We're no slouches either... A touch of fat is always useful to assimilate well. Well, I don't have to introduce you to the apple... it adds a note of sweetness that perfectly counterbalances the garlicy side of the leek.
- 2 leeks
- 2 medium apples - or a large
- 2-3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 tsp of vinegar
- 1 tablespoons of olive or rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the leek into thin strips, after having cut the green leaves and rinsed the vegetables well
- Grate apples with a rösti grater
- Mixing fruits and vegetables
- Prepare a sauce by mixing the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce to the vegetables, mix well and let stand in a cool place for at least 30 minutes to "tire out" the fibers and make it easier to absorb for delicate transits.