Here is a little grandmother's dessert that you will tell me about! I took it from the very nice book "Quand nos grand-mères cuisinaient en Suisse romande", and I fell in love with it. An airy mousse, still raw strawberries that exhale their delicious perfume... a joy. This dessert is made in less than 15 minutes, requires only eggs, cream and strawberries (and a little sugar). Simple, quick, flavorful... absolutely brilliant.
A dazzling dessert for spring
When the strawberries finally arrive, I can't stop eating them. But after a while, I end up wanting to taste it in a different way than plain. I've been wanting to try this gratin since last year. But of course, you have to wait for the right season... So I took my time. All winter long, I thought about it, leafed through the book, imagined the taste. Frankly, I was not disappointed. The mousse is creamy but extra light. The gratin only needs a few minutes in the oven to brown the top. The taste of the strawberries is not altered at all, and even on the contrary: it is reinforced. It is also a very quick dessert, to be eaten right out of the oven. It's as beautiful as it is simple, and gives the impression of eating in a restaurant, which is important at the moment.
- 600 g of strawberries
- 3 eggs
- 75 g sugar
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 10 cl liquid cream
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stems and cut them in half. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, beat the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture is creamy. Pour in the cream and mix.
- Prepare a barely bubbling water bath. Set up the pan, and whisk again until the mixture thickens. Be careful not to let it boil!
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat two egg whites until stiff and add to the mixture.
- Spread the cream in a gratin dish or small ramekins and place the strawberries on top, without pushing them in.
- Place under the broiler and watch your dessert! In a few minutes, it will be well "bronzed". It will then be time to enjoy it.