Every sportsman knows about energy balls. I have personally tested all kinds of them. Some convinced me, others less so. When I tasted these, I was totally conquered. At the first bite, you have the impression of biting into a chocolate truffle. This speaks to the gourmet that I am... But this is by far not their only asset: they are full of very nutritious elements, and perfectly adapted to the effort.
A delicacy adapted to the needs of athletes
Attention: when I speak about sportsmen, I do not think only of the amateurs of exploits in any kind. It is enough to want to move a little. It is therefore a recipe for hikersand all other outdoor enthusiasts. First of all, they are very good. Between you and me, once you've finished your favorite workout, have you ever wanted a little chocolate to reward yourself? You can easily replace it with these cocoa balls. The pleasure will be intact, but moreover you will feed your body with nutrients, trace elements and fibers that restore tired muscles and give a real good energy. The cinnamon tea thermos and energy balls combo is a real long term winner, I swear!
- 70 g squash seeds
- 20 g quinoa or puffed rice
- 50 g of almonds
- 80 g Medjool dates
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 orange
- Mix 40 g pumpkin seeds into a fine powder in a blender, then spread on a plate and set aside.
- Then mix in the remaining pumpkin seeds, puffed rice or quinoa, almonds and dates (without pits).
- Add the spices, cocoa and sea salt to this paste.
- Blend again and add the honey and half the juice of the squeezed orange. Blend again.
- Blend again and scrape down the sides. Add the remaining orange juice if the mixture is not smooth enough. Blend for a few more minutes. Depending on the power of the blender, it may take a little while to form a smooth paste.
- Moisten your hands and roll the balls in the reserved pumpkin seeds. Move the plate well so that the balls are perfectly coated. You can then store them in an airtight container for 2 weeks. If you have a family, you can easily double the proportions, these balls disappear quickly!