When it's cold and you're out and about, your batteries run down quickly. And the temptation of the "little sweet thing" is hard to chase away. To forget the chocolate bar, I suggest this little almond and fresh citrus cream. Packed with goodies, it will make your outing a little magical. Imagine: you, the snow, the fir trees, the silence of the mountain and this tangerine-scented verrine... The entrance to paradise, right?
A concentrate of benefits
When I saw this recipe, I thought it was perfect. The combination of grapefruit, orange and tangerine immediately made me feel like I had a peach. All that vitamin C...(yes I know, it's a little in the head, but still. I assure you that it feels good). And the almond cream, just right, with lots of cinnamon, as I like it, finished the job: I felt rested. When I saw the pot, my daughter, who is as much a hiker as I am (she is my most faithful hiking companion) immediately reserved one for her breakfast. Finally, it is true that it is as much a dessert, a light breakfast as a snack.
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- 4 or 5 mandarins
- 50 g plain almond puree - or a little more, depending on your taste
- 5 dl vegetable or cow's milk
- A few coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Peel the citrus fruits and cut them into quarters or cubes
- Dissolve the almond puree in the milk, add the cinnamon and mix until the consistency is creamy
- Place the fruit in a small jar or glass and drizzle with almond cream. Sprinkle with almonds and enjoy chilled!