My love for simple cakes is long-standing. Soft texture, uncomplicated preparation and the ability to take a piece with you are the three pillars of a successful cake, in my humble opinion. Of course, the beautiful cream pies are admirable, but do you want to eat more than one piece? There is no risk of overloading with this cake, it simply melts in the mouth, like a little cloud.
A perfect pastry to take with you
When I embark on a day of hiking or skiing, there is one moment that I prefer among all: the afternoon snack, once the effort is over. To sit down with a tea, a piece of cake, a piece of fruit, to feel your muscles, to say to yourself that they have worked well and to let them rest: this relaxes me as much as a spa. But for that, you need to have something to eat, so I'm always looking for a cake recipe or a cake that holds up well enough to not fail once outside. This cake ticks all the boxes: it's good, simple, easy to transport. A recipe that is good for hiking. Oh, and I forgot: I flavored it with strawberry liqueur, which makes it also subtle...
- 500 g flour
- 150 g cane sugar
- 60 g almonds
- 1 organic lemon
- 1.5 dl olive oil
- 1 dl milk
- 0.5 dl of strawberry liqueur - or other liqueur of your choice
- 1 bag of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°, static position
- Grate the lemon zest and coarsely chop the almonds.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Then add the oil, milk, liqueur and lemon peel and work the dough into a smooth mixture.
- Pour the dough into a buttered and floured pan and sprinkle with crushed almonds. Bake for about 45 minutes.